Monday, April 23, 2012

Praise and Criticism

It's nice when you hear that someone likes your work. You feel like the time and energy you put into it was worth it. But when you receive criticism, everything is different.

If your smart you say, "Let me look over those points and see if he is right. If I find out that he is right, then I have to fix this. If he is wrong, I need to figure out why he thought I was wrong and then move on."

If your an idiot you say, "I can't believe he said I did this wrong. He is mean and I feel like my work is now pointless. I will stop doing this."

The former looks at criticism as a way of improvement, the latter as an attack on their ego.

Don't fool yourself and let your ego take over. Every person who has mastered something took criticism and used it to their advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment