Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Planning Like a God

Almost every god from religion lives in the skies. They can see from afar while we mortals only see our immediate field of vision. That is the problem with us mortals, we think only of their immediate problems and goals. Don't do that. Instead, think and plan years in advance. The cult of Mao Zedong, Micheal Jackson, and Elvis Presley were not created in one day. They planned ahead of time. Everyday their power, their aura magnified and it was due to the cultivation of years of hard work.

Example #1
At the moment I'm thinking about the book I'm working on, a Tolstoy novel rewritten with fantasy elements. But I have other plans for the future. I want to do a documentary, another book (non-fiction), and several screenplays. Everything is built on top of each other. I have back-up plans but I'm set for the next two-five years. What I'm doing is looking beyond the mountains and buildings for the road that stretches far ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment